martes, 2 de abril de 2019

Past Continuous

Hello, my name is Monse.

I am 17 years old, I do not like children's and egg's. I like philosophy and art. I am biodegradable  like ardiballos. Radiohead, Rammstein and Pink Floyd they are my favorite bands. 



All Right. As it is said in the title of the entry, I will explain the past continuous. The continuous past is used for actions that were happening at a specific time in the past. As the present continuous, it is formed with the auxiliary verb "to be" and the verb + ing.Form
Form. To form the continuous past the auxiliary verb "to be" and the verb + ing are used. The auxiliary verb "to be" is in simple past, but keep in mind that "to be" is an irregular verb.

Subject + auxiliary verb (was / were) + verb + ing.

Affirmative Sentences examples:

Resultado de imagen para past continuous ejemplos


Negative sentences:


                               Sujeto + verbo auxiliar (wasn´t / weren´t) + verbo+ing.

I was not [wasn’t] talking.

He was not [wasn’t] eating.

They were not [weren’t] learning


Interrogative Sentences
Auxiliary verb (to be)
+ subject + verb + ing?

Examples:

Were you talking?

Was he eating?

Were they learning?





Here you have some digital pages to reinforce the knowledge:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario