viernes, 19 de abril de 2019

Have to Must



Hello, I´m Jonathan, i have 17 years old, my birthday is December 5th, my favorite food is pizza, my favorite color is blue, my favorite band is Led Zeppelin, and my favorite hobbies are reading and playing videogames.

https://storybird.com/picture-book/tips-for-playing-the-rankeds-in-paladins-


The difference between MUST and HAVE TO
Must refers to an obligation between two people, or an obligation that you feel. And have to refers to an external obligation ... the rules, the law, something you have what to do and period.
How to use the modal modal auxiliary Have To Normally in my classes I explain that to have is something that if you do not do it, there are consequences: I have to get up early tomorrow. I have a meeting at 9 AM. You have to get a visa if you want to work in Australia. I have to pay my taxes this month. They have to stay at work until they finish the project.
We have to leave now. If we do not, we'll miss our flight.
All these phrases are things you have to do. If not, something will happen to you. If you do not get the visa, you break the law. If you do not arrive on time, you miss the flight. If you do not go to the meeting, your boss gets angry. Whatever is.
How to use the MUST modal auxiliary
+ Must is a personal obligation, an obligation imposed by the speaker. If I say I must, it's something I feel, not something I have to do.
And if I say you must is not a rule or the law, but something that I want (strongly) that you do. A personal obligation, not institutional:
You must come visit me when you're in town. I must go to bed. I'm exhausted. When you go to Barcelona, ​​you must visit the cathedral. It's beautiful! You must try that new Italian restaurant. The food is great!
I have a toothache. I must call the dentist to make an appointment. In any case, in written and formal English, must also be used for external obligations that come from rules, law, etc.
Resultado de imagen para have to y must ejemplos

Exercises:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario